Friday, 27 July 2012

Fire Engine from cardboard boxes

With the Fireman Sam party soon approaching I thought I'd make a cardboard fire engine! I had been planning this for a while - ever since the fridge arrived (this post) and I put aside the box with plans in mind!
I managed to assemble the boxes while amazingly both boys had a nap at the same time. 


I cut out the appropriate holes (note the door is taped up and moved in later shots as I realised that is where the back wheels should go!)



I began painting it a little later - the colour is the one we had originally bought for the kitchen wall! I'm glad we left the wall white in the end as fire engine red would have been a bit too much!




The next day I added the details.







Joplin wanted to decorate the inside with pictures from his magazine. 






Your comments make my day! Do let me know what you think!