Saturday, 7 January 2012

Japanese Kanzashi Flower brooch

I had a go at making a Japanese Kanzashi Flower brooch from the tutorial here today! I managed to do the majority in a local play centre while the boys were diving into the ball crawl! It's a bit rough around the edges, and I had to pull it apart at one stage when I'd put one of the petals the wrong way round, but there's room for improvement and is an easy project to pop in a handbag. Not really much sewing either - sewing the petals together was something I added from the tutorial as I used 8 instead of 10 petals (more to do with the amount of fabric scraps I had than design!)